Howdy Lancers! I can't believe it's been 10 years already. It kinda makes me feel old! After graduating, I went to the College of Eastern Utah for two years. It was so fun. I made a lot of new friends and learned so much about myself living on my own. I was roommates with Sparkle for those two years, and she was one of the major reasons it was so fun. After graduating from CEU, I worked a couple of different jobs, but have settled in working with JCPenney in their Accounting Center in downtown Salt Lake for the last 7 1/2 years.
I met my husband Joseph Hyde at work 7 years ago. We were married in May of 2001. Many people don't understand how we could possibly ride to work together, spend lunch and breaks together and then spend our evenings together, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I manage accounts for all of JCPenney's consignment jewelry vendors and Joe does the books for all of the warehouses across the country.
We live in North Salt Lake, about five miles away from the house Joe grew up in. I have also started a small business being an independent demonstrator for Stampin' Up! and feel that I have finally found my calling. I teach 3 card making classes a month and it's just so much fun. I am starting school again at SLCC to take more classes in graphic design in hopes that it will pay off with an actual job with Stampin' Up! as an illustrator designing the stamps they sell, or as a concept artist making cards all day. Talk about my dream job! One of the cards I designed is actually going to be published in a magazine that gets sent out to all of the Stampin' Up!demonstrators in the US, Canada and New Zealand. I still bake quite often, but my trademark chocolate chip cookies have been surpassed by frequent requests for a variety of cheesecakes.
It's been great reading up on what's going on with everyone. I hope we all continue to have fun, success and enjoy what comes in the next 10 years!
Melody Hyde

3 comments:
hey melody!!! i was so happy to see your blog. i hope you and joe are doing well. tell him i said what up. i'm excited for football season! i'm in new orleans now, but hopefully we can get together at christmas.
james
Melody,
It's been forever! You and your hubby are a cute couple! I'm glad I'm not the only one who could spend every waking minute with my husband. Sounds like you have made a good life for your self. Hope I see you some day.
Aubrey (Thomsen) Aguirre
Wow, Melody! Good luck with with realizing your dream!! I'll keep an eye out for cards and stamps with your name on them!
Julie (Hair) Robertson
Post a Comment