8.02.2007

Annie Tran--Travel Addict!!

The past 10 years have been a great adventure; from moving to St. Louis for college to ringing in the New Year in the cities of Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Rio de Janeiro to trekking the Inca trail into Machu Picchu all while growing personally and professionally in my career, I have had quite the ride.

Between work travel and personal travel I have been to over 30 states and 5 countries in the past 10 years. I love to travel so much that I have been in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend Amol for the past 3 years. He lives in Los Angeles and has not only been a wonderful boyfriend but a GREAT travel partner as well!

After graduating from Granger, I attended Washington University in St. Louis and in May of 2001, received my Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree with majors in finance and marketing. After graduation, I had high hopes of moving to either Chicago or New York City, but somehow ended back home in Salt Lake. The transition was difficult at first, but I soon threw myself into work, which consequently gave me the money to feed my travel addiction.

While helping my parents run their restaurant, I also pursued my career in the insurance industry (yes it is almost as exciting as it sounds). Between 2001 and 2006, I worked for SelectHealth (formerly IHC Health Plans) as a health insurance underwriter and a regulatory compliance specialist. I am currently employed at Mercer Human Resource Consulting as a compliance auditor traveling to 60 offices across the country. I was recently accepted into the Fully Employed MBA program at Pepperdine University and will be moving to Los Angeles this September. For the next 2 years, school and work will consume most of my life…but I do anticipate a trip to China and Hong Kong this Christmas and some great place in Europe next year!

Lost Class of ‘97 Lancer alums I am still in touch with are Jason Hardy, Bette Quan, Son Tran and Jared Cornwall…I have received permission to provide an update for Jason Hardy and as for the others, I will encourage them to send in their own blogs.

Annie Tran

atran78@gmail.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie! Don't travel TOO far that Russ, the kids, and I won't be able to see you a lot when we eat at your family's restaurant!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Annie!
I better see your skinny butt at the reunion...especially if you come in your Alladin and Princess Jasmin costumes :0) And if you need help getting in shape...I'm your trainer!

Aja

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie!!

What an amazing ten years you have lived!! You are so lucky to be able to travel and see so many incredible things! It was great to hear how you were doing from your sister when she and I had that class together at the U. I'm glad that you are doing to wonderfully. If only we could have seen the future when we were in Mrs. Halls class back at Monroe! :)

Julie (Hair) Robertson