8.13.2007

Julianne Homer Bellydances?

So, yeah. 10 years. Wow. So much has changed, and so much has remained the same. Well, here goes nothing. Right after graduation, I went to Dixie College where I'd been honored with a ¼ tuition academic scholarship. I enjoyed my time there studying business artistic communications, but I decided to cut it short. While I was there, I started my own bellydancing troupe and we began touring pretty regularly through the greater metropolis areas of southern Utah and northern Arizona. The duality got to be too much stress and I was forced to drop out of school in order to give my performing career a fair chance. I loved my time as a bellydancer, but the fast-paced world of show business got the better of me and after a few years on the road, I had to give it up and spend some time in rehab.

During the time that I was trying to clean up, I got married and moved into a polygamous commune up in northern Idaho. Merrell was very sweet and giving, but I found I needed more boundaries and control from a husband, so I left. Throughout this time I'd kept in touch with an old high school friend and former flame of mine (also a 1997 Granger Grad), Scott Steele. Our relationship had remained strong through the years and only got more intense as time wore on.

After having three gorgeous kids together, we finally decided to just jump in and tie the knot. He is definitely the love of my life, and I am exquisitely happy. We were married on Friday, the 13th of April, 2007. We are working vigorously to get things together and right in our life. At the moment we live in the basement of his father's house, and we feel very blessed to have a permanent address for a while. I'm back in an out-patient rehab, which is going great this time around. I have the awesome opportunity to work as an assistant manager at our local Arctic Circle. Scott is working as an oil mechanic at Sam's Club and also sells his hand-made hemp jewelry at farmers' markets and craft fairs around the state on the weekends. We are working hard together and expect to be able to get the kids out of state custody sometime in the next few months, hopefully before Christmas. Their foster mom has been really good for all of us.

I also hope to be able to start bellydancing again as soon as I can drop the extra hundred pounds I've gained as I've fought with addiction. As a part of our "life renovation," we've also had the excellent opportunity to start our own small business. We are currently fulfilling our dreams as well as those of our friends and neighbors as Amway representatives. We are able to offer many valuable and worthwhile household products and cosmetics that are Earth-friendly and made in the United States by organic farmhands. If you are interested in purchasing any of these products or, even better, becoming a representative yourself, please, please, please feel free to contact us. We'd love to talk to you about what we offer. As far as the reunion goes, we'd love to come, but my current probation restrictions don't allow me to cross county lines. Still, life is good and we couldn't be happier with our life. Mostly.

Editor's Note: Some artistic liberty went into this post :)

6 comments:

Shannon Fallis said...

Hello Darling! It is great to hear about your life and the awesome changes you are making for the better! I wish you the best of luck! much love! ~shannon fallis

Michele Huntsman Howey said...

Julianne!!!!!!

I've missed you since high school! Okay so I have to ask... the editors comment in your blog said there were some artistic liberties in your post --- which ones? By the way your childern are beautiful. I hope you're coming to the reunion. I had so much fun with you in high school, and it would be really nice to see you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Julianne!! That was a very entertaing read!! So what is real and what are the artisitc liberties? :) You have beautiful children.

Julie (Hair) Robertson

Kimberly said...

Mat and I read this together and laughed so hard we cried. Thanks for the entertainment! LOVED IT!

Unknown said...

Julianne,
Still a smart ass. You are hilarious!

James

Anonymous said...

Julianne, you crack me up!