We all know 10 years is not very long. Sometimes it feesl like yesterday. However time has happened and many changes have taken place. A few weeks before I graduated from Granger I met my husband to be Wayne Leslie Wickham. During the end of 1997 Wayne asked me to be his wife on Oct. 10, 1997. I knew then I would be the luckiest women alive for he would be mine forever. Wayne is the greatest at everything from basketball to golf. He is the funniest person I have ever met even-- funnier then me. He is so fast for being a 6'4, 300 lbs man. He could part the sea. If you were in his way look out the Volley ball would be in your face, and you on the ground. I love him so much. He surely loved me. I could see it in his eyes everyday. On June 12, 1998, I married my soul mate and, best friend forever in the Salt Lake Temple.Unknowingly to us we were pregnant two weeks later.
Brody Wayne (8 1/2) was born Feb. 27, 1999--smart, sweet little boy who spoke like a five year old at two. A little like his mommy in personality. Two years later another sweet boy Devon Robert, (6 1/2) on Jan. 11, 2001--sweet little boy that knows what he wants and goes and gets it like his daddy. Our lives seemed complete. I worked for many companies in finance and management. I owned a few companies too. Wayne worked for a wonderful company who always has his back, Central office suppliers. Four years later we were expecting our 3rd child. A little girl Emarie Elizabeth on March 23, 2005 (2 1/2). The girliest and sweetest of all girls. I have met my perfect match to me. These kids are so sweet and so special to us. They are our light and truth that there is a Father who loves us and that it is not all in vain and is better then we can imagine. Our lives went on and we are so in love. We are the greatest friends ever.
On July 26, 2007 my husband passed away in his sleep. I woke up with this feeling that something was wrong but I was not afraid. It was familiar to me and in moments I learned it was my husband talking to me in spirit. His heart had stopped in his sleep and he was gone. Now life as I knew it could have ended there but it did not. My husband loved me so much that we made our love last forever. He let me know when I found him in the spirit that all would be well and this is only a small time on earth. It is not the end and I will see him again. He is always with me and lets me know I'm loved, always. I can't wait to see all of you guys. Wayne and I (mostly me) were talking and looking forward to this event. However he will be with me in spirit so if you feel a push, it's him (ha,ha). May God be with you and let your light so shine before men. For the Savior knows your heart and is always there even if you don't feel he is there. He was there for me in my most needed time and he will be there for you. Have a great day.
Jodi Wickham
Cjjbdnr@aol.com

5 comments:
Jodi,
Your story is inspiring and heart breaking all at the same time. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Life is such a mystery sometimes. My thoughts are with you. I wish you much peace and healing in the time to come. Hang in there! Your children are beautiful by the way.
-Becky (Wadsworth) Heiner
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the sorrow you must have. Best wishes.
Stephanie (Hymas)Pickle
Hi Jodi! I was so excited to see your beautiful children. I know it's not the same as losing a husband, but I felt the Lord's love so strongly when I lost my dad. It was one of the hardest times of my whole life. Even today it feels like my heart will break sometimes because I miss him so much. But through that experience I know beyond a doubt that families can be together forever. What a blessing to know that it will not be long before you will be in your husband's arms again and it will be as if no time has past. The Lord gives us strength and love we never knew we had in times like these, and I know he's given it to you. I send you my love as my dear sister in the gospel. My prayers are with you.
Jodi,thankyou for your testimony. It's beautiful. I think that's my worst fear(and for a lot of people) is losing my spouse. But you're right, life goes on and our earthly experiences are but a small moment compared to the eternity we'll have with our spouses. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the reunion!
Wow, Jodi. You are a very strong woman. You're faith and testimony are an inspiration. I'm glad that you know that you will be together again and that your family is forever. The Savior will also always be there to guide and comfort you and your children. You are in our prayers.
Post a Comment