8.16.2007

Becca (Wallis) Selph--No More Fixer-Uppers!

I just have to say thanks to all of you who are putting this together. What a great idea to have this blog. You guys are fabulous. It’s so fun to see what everyone is up to.

After high school I went to SLCC for a semester and then on to USU. I really enjoyed Logan. I met Matt Selph there in the fall of 1999 and we were married March 11, 2000. We continued living in Logan while Matt completed his Masters degree. We had our first son Isaac in August of 2001. We bought our first house, an old 4-plex in downtown Salt Lake about a year after that. A few months later we moved to Puerto Rico. We were there for about 5 months. That was an adventure. We lived in an apartment right on the beach, and I was able to learn some Spanish. Even though I was on the beach everyday, I never got tan, go figure.


After that we moved back to Utah and bought a house in Sandy. We lived there for three years. While we were there we had our second son, Matthias, in March 2004. About a year ago we built a house in Lehi. In February we had our third little boy, Gideon. I really enjoy our new house, it is a great improvement from the “fixer-uppers” we’ve had in the past. The area is nice too. We live in a cul-de-sac and there are always friends for my kids to play with.

I love to travel. We have been to many places around the States, including Myrtle Beach, SC, which we visit often. Last October we went to Brazil (that was an awesome trip) and in March we went to Hawaii. We have also been to Mexico, Puerto Rico, and The Dominican Republic. In high school the furthest I had ever traveled was Seattle, it’s been eye opening to see other parts of the world and how other people live. I plan to visit many more places before I’m done.

I have had the opportunity to be a stay home mom ever since our first son was born. I love it. Isaac is almost 6 now and about to start kindergarten. Matthias is 3 and Gideon is 6 months. Having three little boys in one house can get pretty hectic, and there are times that they drive me crazy, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Matt is a wonderful man and a fabulous husband. I am the luckiest girl in the world because I have four cute guys who adore me!

Becca Selph

beccawselph@hotmail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becca, it's been a while since I ran into you at smith's market place! You look fabulous as always! Hope to see you at the reunion! ~shannon fallis

Michele Huntsman Howey said...

Becca! I was hoping you would post. What fun it looks like you've had. My husband and I went to Kentucky for business about a month ago... that's about as exotic as our travels have been, not quite Puerto Rico or Hawaii. :)
Your kids are gorgeous, and you look great! I'm looking forward to seeing you at the reunion, and hope we get to visit.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on such a handsome family!! You must have a lot of patience to travel with small children!

Julie (Hair) Robertson