After we graduated I joined the Marine Corps and went to Boot Camp in Aug 1997. I graduated in November and after my schools I was stationed in Japan. I lived there for 15 months where I met my husband Michael-who is also a Marine. We left Japan in August 1999 and came to San Diego. We got married on Dec 3, 1999. On November 16, 2000 we had our first daughter Alixandra. I got out of the Marines and I stayed home with my daughter.
In June 2002 we moved to South Carolina where my husband was a Marine Corps Drill Instructor. On Aug 22, 2002, we had our second daughter Aja. In August 2005 we moved back to San Diego which is where we live now and my husband left for his first tour in Iraq (8 months). It is very hard to take care of the house and 2 little ones and not know when the next time you hear from your husband will be. But we made it and he came home in April 2006. He left again for his second tour in Iraq on March 12, 2007. Here we go again! He is "suppose" to come home in October-so we are keeping our fingers crossed there isn't an extension.
I have a job that I love working as a manager dealing with Corporate Property Management here in Diego. I love it but sometimes I wish I could stay home with my girls. But with my baby starting Kindergarten this year-and I am home before they get home from school-it doesn't make a lot of sense.
The military is moving us to Okinawa Japan in May of 2008 for 3 years. That will be a big change especially for the girls, but the military life is all I know as an adult so I really don't think I would do too well without it (Smile).
Karen Ford

3 comments:
Karen,
Wow! I don't even know what to say, it has been so long. You must be a very strong woman to have your husband gone so much! I can't imagine how hard that must be. Your girls are absolutely beautiful. My Savannah started kindergarten this year as well. It's amazing how fast time goes, isn't it? I am so happy for you and it was good to hear about what you have been up to. Take care and keep in touch!
Love, Becky (Wadsworth) Heiner
Karen- long time no chat! Your girls are so cute. Email me sometime. Kenny
hey whats up girl. you look great and your girls are freakin cute i love the brown skin. we hope your happy and doing well.
love your friends tasha and joann
Post a Comment