8.07.2007

A Fateful Meeting For Shannon (Bell) Romero!

Ten years already huh!?! I cannot believe it and more frankly refuse to believe it because that means I am almost 30! SShhh!! Still 21 at heart which is what matters most. Anyway, since graduating Granger, I like some other fellow Lancers was blessed with twins in 1998 (I didn't wait long!) Jaden & Jorden Bell I like to call them.

I started working for Convergys Corp after high school supporting my boys as a single mom, which is where I met my future husband. As the story goes I was busy working away when a crumpled note flew into my cubicle from a fellow co-worker. The note read "email Javier Romero" & that was it. So I sent Javier an email saying Hello. When he got the email he about died because he had a secret crush on me but thought I was way out of his league (since the man is 3 years younger than me.) He replied anyway. It turns out the note came from a random guy that neither I nor Javier were associated with in any way... that's fate for ya'.

Javier had a foul mouth & I had NO intentions of dating him but he made me laugh. As we hung out more & more, he made me laugh more & more. Soon enough we were dating! Two years into our dating, he left me to go on a spanish speaking mission to Eugene Oregon. He told me to date, so I did. About a year into his mission he told me to stop dating and so I did. He got home in April 2004, proposed in May 2004 and we were married in July 2004 in the Salt Lake Temple. Shortly after that we were blessed with our 3rd and last child, Corbin Romero, in June 2005.

Even with 3 kids we have been able to travel around the country. Thus far we love Seattle the most. Now Javier works for Intercontinental Hotels Group in the executive offices and is moving on up! In the hotel industry we get lovely hotel stay discounts which is why we get to travel. Myself, I am currently a homemaker taking care of my family in Taylorsville. Now we are working on getting the twins adopted and making it official for them too. Things are going great and we look forward to another 10 years of blessings, fun & travel! I wish that for the rest of you Lancers out there too!!

Shannon Romero
slromero8@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Shannon,
I live in Taylorsville too! Maybe I will see you at the grocery store or something some day. Your family is SUPER cute. Good to hear what you are up to.
Aubrey (Thomsen) Aguirre

Anonymous said...

You have four very handsome men in your family! Congratulations on you accomplishments.

Julie (Hair) Robertson