After High School, I attended SLCC. I was on the College Leadership Council, and also a Cheerleader (We took 3rd at nationals!). During my 1st year there, I started dating the Student Body President of SLCC. I got to know him better as we traveled together on road trips, etc, and 2 years later Sim and I were married. I finished my Associate degree, and became a Certified Medical Assistant and Radiology Tech for a Family Practice office.
In May of 2002, our handsome boy Sim Jr. came to the family. He is the cutest, smartest 5yr old, and has a heart of gold, and his dad's olive skin! Our gorgeous diva girl Oaklie came just 2 1/2 yrs later. If you have never seen a 2 yr old with a french pedicure, come to our house! Despite the fact that she is 2 going on 16, she is the sweetest little girl, and tells me every day that I am "way, way, way beautiful!"
Last year I finished nursing school (talk about grueling!!). I graduated with straight A's and high honors on a nursing department scholarship, and passed my RN licensure test with flying colors. After graduating, I got a great job at Primary Children's Hospital on the surgical floor. I worked there part-time for several months, but every time I walked through the door, I wondered why I was there taking care of these children, when mine were at home. I decided to put the hospital on hold for a few years to raise my little darlings.
During nursing school, I was offered a teaching job at SLCC. I have been an instructor there for 3 years now. I teach Clinical Pathology, and Medical Terminology classes for the Health Science division just 4 hours a week at the Community College, and I am home with the kids the rest of the week. My husband Sim has a wonderful job at Staker/Parson Companies. He is the Senior Network Exchange Engineer/Administrator for all the Rocky Mountain states, and his company takes good care of us.
In our spare time, my husband and I help fund micro credit banks and education programs for impoverished nations. We currently have a bank, and several education programs in El Salvador, and another bank in the works. It is so awesome to see how just a few people here can help so many people in El Salvador become educated and financial independent. Our hope is that we can help others around the world to have a taste of what we have here.
I have been blessed with so much! My sweet husband, 2 darling kiddos, and a beautiful home! Not to mention I still see my best friends once a month (Aja, Kacee, Steph, Krissi, Kelli, Amanda, Sharane, Emily, and occasionally Wendy). I hope to see more of you around. I didn't realize how much I missed all my high school friends until all this reunion stuff. Please say hi at the reunion! Even if it has been 10 years. I am so proud of all the class of '97 has accomplished. Who would have thought we'd all turn out so good, huh! Hope the next 10 years is good to you all!!
Aubrey Aguirre
a-cupcake@comcast.net

8 comments:
Hey Aubrey, I tried to post something earlier but due to my lack of technological understanding, it didn't work! haha!
You look amazing! Your family is so cute! What a lucky girl! I think the last time I saw you was in the dreaded singing class at SLCC! haha! Well, I can't wait to see you at the reunion!
BTW, Shaun is doing well. He lives in Kearns with his family. He is still working at the E Center, but wants to get out of here soon! He will be unable to make the reunion (not that he would anyway), but I am going to kidnap Victoria for the family event. See you in a week! ~shannon
Aub- you are way(x10) beautiful! Don't deny it! Those are such cute pics of the fam! I am glad you finally did it! see ya later this week! Love ya!
Aubrey,
You have beautiful kids!! Your work in El Salvador is wonderful! How amazing that must be to make a difference in people's lives like that! You are greatly blessed.
Julie(Hair) Robertson
Aubrey,
What a small world! Yes I know John very well! I am John’s and Mark Spencer’s assistant. I have my license but I was really scared coming into the business and they said they would hire me as their assistant and I love it. I was reading your comments today at work and I was showing John your pics. He couldn’t believe it! It was great talking to you! I hope to see you on Saturday!
Sherice (Brown) Angell
Shaun says Hi! ~shannon
Hey Aubrey,
Of course I remember you! We did have fun on the "dog squad" didn't we. I was really excited to hear from you. Your family is so cute, and I really admire the work that you and your husband are doing, that's awesome. Hope to see you at the reunion.
Sari (Peterson) Stenholm
Aub, it was great to see you as well! Yeah, I couldn't make it to Kacee's. It fell on a bad night. Hey, we need to keep in touch! Talk to ya soon.
Matt Hood
So Aubry, have there been any strang chrismas trees left in your front yard latley. I think I might have to visit you with a few of the "guys" to bring back a few font memories. JK I hope things are going well for you and thik the world of you and your growing family. Yes I am still doing that thing you mentioned and I hope that your husband has a nicer bishop than me. I bug my couselors with all sorts of assignments. We will have to have your family over some time. Stay in touch.
Paul Jensen
Post a Comment