7.31.2007

Sarah (Roquiero) DeTore Experiences Boston!

After high school I went to Snow College for two years and then I took a break from school and went on a European vacation with a group from Snow and came back and worked to pay for the trip. I worked at American Express eventually saving enough money to pay for the post 2 year college trip and gave myself a nice little nest egg to move to Boston, Massachusetts to continue my education at an Architecture/Interior Design school located on the historic Newbury Street in July of 2001. Interior Design, I know if you seen an episode of MTV Cribs (so I hear) it all looks so glamorous, well after working in a Boston firm for a few weeks I realized that the field was not for me so I dropped my classes for the semester before I spent even more money on something I may not want to do as a career and decided I would find a job in Boston to try and pay for a semesters worth of student loan debt. I got a job actually working with student loans ( it’s a good thing I never defaulted or I would have never been hired) I had every intention to find my way back to Utah after I paid down my debts from living in Boston, but I obviously wasn’t in too big of hurry because I started hanging out with, presently my husband of 3 ½ years then someone I met in my short days at the Boston based Architecture/Interiors Firm………..and the rest they say is history.

We got married in October of 2004 right in time to see the Red Sox win their first and only World Series. We then found out we were expecting in August of 2005 and on April 16, 2006 Easter Sunday approximately five weeks early our first born son arrived, needless to say we missed our Easter Dinner that year! We named our little boy Noah he weighed in at 6 lbs 3 oz not bad for a preemie, he was the Heavyweight Champion of the NICU! We currently live in Everett, MA a suburb of Boston I still have the same job in the student loan industry (same position, but three different companies later, for those MBA students I think I can explain that one!) except now I only work three days a week and I am fortunate enough to spend the rest of the week with my baby boy.

Sarah DeTore
noheacreations@gmail.com

3 comments:

Rebecca B. said...

Sarah - oh my gosh, your baby is just tooo cute for words!!! -Becky Black

Aubrey said...

Sarah,
It's your old neighbor. I want to squeeze your baby and kiss him. What a cute little guy. Tell your family hello!
Aubrey (Thomsen) Aguirre

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah!! You have a beautiful little boy. Congrats on having a "big" preemie! That must have been a great blessing. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I, also, have wondered how you have been since Snow. How did you get you baby to smile like that? So cute!! I will email you so that we can catch up better!

Julie (Hair) Robertson