7.31.2007

Brian Carlson Dishes Out the Daily News!

Hey folks, here's a quick look my last 10 years. Right after graduation I left for my mission to Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I spent alot of time downtown, in nearby Ottawa, and in a Canadian border town. I loved preaching the gospel. It helped me learn what's really important in life. A couple months after I got home I started classes at BYU. I quickly found out college is expensive. So, to pay off my loans, every summer I took off to sell alarm systems around the country. I lived in New York, New Jersey, Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, Phoenix and Puerto Rico. I made alot of money real fast, but man that job was tough. I really loved college.

I graduated from BYU in 2005 with a major in Broadcast Journalism. I must of sent out hundreds of resume tapes. Finally I got a job working here in little Kennewick, Washington as a TV reporter. I've been here 2 years. It's a lot of fun, but the deadlines are unforgiving. I got promoted in March to be our Morning Anchor. My contract is over in the spring. And I'm pushing hard to come back to Salt Lake City to do the news there.

So here I am, 10 years later. Lived and worked around the country. And all I want to do is come back to Salt Lake City. There's a certain irony there.

Brian Carlson
cdaddyslc@yahoo.com

10 comments:

Michele Huntsman Howey said...

Hi Brian! Almost everybody from the old ward has posted now. I had no idea that was what you had been up to. Congratulations!

Annie Miller said...

Brian,
Good for you! How do you like reporting? I bet you're good at it. We kind of switched places. I started out with the news gig and ended with selling alarms! (At least that's what the family business is!) Glad to hear you are doing so well. Annie (Griffith) Miller

Rachel Lee said...

Hey Brian,
It's good to hear that you are doing so well. Congrats!!

Spencer family said...

It's so awesome that I know someone famous! My sister in-law lives in Lacey. So hopefuly I'll visit her and see you on TV. It's awesome that you are doing so well. Good luck to ya! Say hi to your family!

Unknown said...

Brian, it's great to see what you're doing. I really hope you land a reporting gig in Salt Lake. Either way, I'm sure you'll continue doing a tremendous job. Hope to catch up with you sometime.

James

Aubrey said...

Brian,
It's been a long time. I'll have to turn on the news to see you next time I am in Washington. You look great, and it sounds like you have made a good life for yourself. Hope I see you in person again some day. Keep in touch. Aubrey (Thomsen) Aguirre

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian,

I bet people love having you as their anchor. I'm sure you do a great job!

Julie (Hair) Robertson

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian,
Remember when you got a ticket for chasing me and then dragging me around the playground in my dress? (I think it was like 1st grade) Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I forgive you! Just kidding! I am so happy for you and all your success! I can't imagine a better career for you and wish you all the best!
-Becky (Wadsworth) Heiner

Annie Miller said...

What???? Brian got a white ticket at Hillsdale! He's not perfect? Wahoo! I finally beat him at something. I never got one. Bet Becky never did either! Annie

Anonymous said...

Brian, thanks for MCing for the reunion. You and Dave were absolutely hilarious! I hope some smart girl grabs a hold of you soon.